never fight a clown...

Friday, July 28, 2017

one day they will find out I am fraud...


I have always wanted to get a shirt made up that say: One Day They Will Find Out I am Fraud!!! Because I not only; live in the “here and now”, but I surf the” here and now”!  A delicate blade of risk, an edge that I could fall on either side of, however I trust myself as an artist, I must!  I never know what I am going to teach on the floor or what choices I will make on the floor (as an actor, director, fight director) – I have guide posts sure – but I need to see what is out there? What people I will be working with combined with the content.

Each new day brings a creative opportunity maybe that is all I am saying here –I am in a constant state; a creative state – I am not religious but I am extremely spiritual – I guess at the heart of it I am closest to a Taoist but I have tweaked that word over the years to mean (for me) a Nowist – Loa Tsu’s best phrase for me is – “The way that can be talked of –is not the way” – for me that encapsulates everything we do as artists and everything we do when trying to pass knowledge on to artists explaining acting cannot be locked down and it cannot be explained sometimes – it needs to BE experienced, I always say to student I am not here to “teach” (I do dislike that word) – I am here to share joy, discoveries, mistakes and fuck ups – that is my “way” of helping to point them in a way that they can best discover their “way”.... When I have a class – it should feel like we have in some way just created something – does that make sense, a class doesn’t just have to be in a vacuum...

No comments:

Post a Comment